1) Granny Smith is one crazy broad...
2) Zap apples - a RAINBOW colored APPLE which is created by a series of CLOUDy weather phenomena and LIGHTNING, followed by a RAINBOW.
I feel like the creators are messing with AppleDash shippers' heads...Did it HAVE to be a RAINBOW colored APPLE?!
3) Granny Smith, an earth pony, helped to found Ponyville. In Winter Wrap Up, Twilight Sparkle explains to Spike that Ponyville was founded by earth ponies, so they manually clean up winter, and have done so for hundreds of years. Conclusion? Granny Smith is hundreds of years old, and regular, non-alicorn ponies can live to be hundreds of years old...
So, to summarize:
* Bitch crazy
* Rainbows can magically impregnate Apples to create zap apples
* As long as nothing kills them, ponies live for hundreds of years, if not forever.
I didn't get any sleep last night, did I mention that?
P.S. Scootaloo hopping like a bunny with bunny ears on is probably the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.